Friday, April 15, 2011

Ode to a fighter

I'm wondering what this world is coming to and why have people have forgotten words like Honor, commitment and Integrity??

I'm infinitely saddened by something I heard tonight.

Break ups and break downs happen to all of us, and I could actually draw perverse pleasure in saying “who would know better than me"? But apparently someone does know better than me, and what wouldn't I give to take that away from her, for she grew up before my eyes. A few billion blinks and she went from a lanky, awkward supergenius kid to Lovely woman, wiser than her years.

And she seemed set for life. A job in hand right after graduation, a lovely marriage to look forward to, everything a girl could ask for. But not really.

For after six years of a relationship, the man decided to jump ship, four weeks before marriage. No questions asked, no answers given.

Sometimes people are just not meant for each other, and they might not realize it even after spending a life together. Or they might realize it in a couple of years. However, no one has the right to wreck another person’s life.

Unfortunately, someone else’s sanity no longer warrants the same respect as one’s own.

No comments: